Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What I Know for Sure

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a fairly uncertain person. I am uncertain about what major I want to pursue, uncertain about what job I want, uncertain about what classes to take etc. Sometimes I get so distracted by all the possibilities that I have trouble seeing clearly. Sometimes the truth is so hard to understand that everything I say and do needs qualifications. But there are some things I do know for sure.

I know that I know very little but there are some things i know for sure.

I know that some things are entirely good, and that some things are entirely bad.
And I know that while snow cones and genocide are among these things, people are not.

I know that each person is a story full of incongruities and beautiful phrases.
I know that this is easy to forget.

I know that there is no man in the moon, even though I have never seen its lonely rockscapes.

I know that I will die.
I know that I don't really believe this.

I know that the world was here before I was and that it will be here after I am gone.

I know that the same God who raised men from the dead allows the death of innocents.
I know that he is good.
And I know that he is not accountable to me.

I know that I love and am loved, even when I don't know why.

I know that the sun will always shine again.
And I know that it will always rain again.

I know that though I don't know how to ask the questions there are answers.

I know that e=mc2, but I don't really know why.

I know that plants change colors because of Carotenoids but could be convinced that they are painted.

I know that there are some things we can never know but that that shouldn't keep us from trying to learn them anyways.

I know that you can't know where you are going but that you should always try to know where you are.

And I know that there are thoughts, and dreams, and ideas that can never be conveyed with words.
But I know that because we are human we will always need to try.

I know that I know very little but there are some things i know for sure.

2 comments: